Jan 8, 2012

Came From. Am Now. Going To.

Over three years ago, I was just starting my life as a young adult. I graduated high school with excellent grades, knew who I was, where I was going, what I wanted to do with my life. Then life threw me a curve ball. I was blind sided and fell in love. I came from a place where I had made a living to support myself, had money in the bank, was purchasing my first car... life was good. As years past, the person I loved and would do anything for, became so important to me that I lost myself and in turn lost much of what I worked so hard to gain. No more money in the bank, no more self confidence. I lost myself and my self worth. On top of all, I lost who I loved.
For a little over a year now, I have slowly began building myself back up. Figuring out who I am again, where I want to be. Building not only my self confidence but also digging myself out of the financial debt I found myself in.
They say it takes money to make money. This is very true. By the grace of God I was introduced to a company that not helps people touch others lives but that also helps people build and work on themselves. Self development. In the midst of this, it also provides a way for those truly devoted to provide themselves with financial freedom. Like building a home, it starts with a good foundation and from there, with time, framing, walls, electric, plumbing, and everything else slowly begins being built until you have a home. A place to be secure and free. A place full of love where you can share great memories with great friends and family.
Like building a home, I started to build my foundation of a business that will set me free. Eager to see the final out come, patience has become key. Time and money have been presented as road blocks and like all good things, change takes place. Part of growing is learning how to adapt to changes. How to overcome obstacles and hardships.
This time in my life is a place of all of that. I am learning. I am growing. I am adapting.

Not only in my own personal business, but also in my daily job. Just starting a new job at a weight loss facility. Now those who know me know I don't need to lose weight and it has never been something I have had to worry about (blessed with skinny genes). However, it is yet another chance for me to make an impact in peoples lives. A chance to help people feel good about themselves. It's a learning curve. I started this new job in a position of just customer care, being friendly, greeting customers, helping make things run smooth. Shortly into this new job, I get offered to extend myself into a new position. A position I am sure I can do, but my confidence in the knowledge I need to be the best I can is lacking. A week of training lay in my midst this week.

A week of training not only in my new day job to learn the in's and out's of how to help and encourage those who want to become healthier by loosing weight and maintaining it, but also training in my business. New fundamentals have been introduced. New certified training.
I will take pride in what I can accomplish. For now, I feel overwhelmed with the tasks that lay ahead.
I can only pray God will help guide me every step as He has done thus far.
I know its been at the mercy of His hands that I am where I am today. I am on the right track, heading in the right direction. The only thing standing in my way is me.
I will not hold myself back, nor let others hold me back from where I am suppose to be.

A year from now, I will be debt free. I will have a new car. I will have all the little necessities of life covered. I will be able to go on a real vacation just to enjoy a week away from reality, filled with fun and freedom without worrying about any financial obligations.
I will be truly free.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am so proud of you. I love you so much. I am praying for you, that Gods Will will be done in your life and that He will prosper you. Keep up your hard work!

    Love ya sis <3

    Jess

    ReplyDelete