Nov 17, 2011

Relationship in a rut??

No one person is perfect and no one relationship goes with out a fight or argument. It is prone to happen. The longer you know someone the more you learn about them and the easier it becomes to push their buttons when you feel hurt by them.

When it comes to marriage or a relationship that is running into turmoil and you are wondering if there is anything that can help repair....  I highly suggest reading, "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.

After reading this book (even though the copy I read was directed toward marriage and I'm not married), I have been able to look at every relationship I have been in and even my relationships with friends and family and realize what has been causing the other people in my life to feel unloved or what they have been doing that has caused me to feel unloved.

I was even in a very serious relationship in the past that ended badly. After reading this book, I have realized why things got to the point they did. We both were not speaking each others "love language." Had we been doing so, perhaps things would have ended differently. There also has to be the want on both ends to work things out.

Anyway, the five love languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch.

I learned my primary is Quality Time. I feel most loved by anyone I have a relationship with when we spend quality time together. This is what makes me most happy. Taking this away is also what makes me most upset and leaves me feeling unloved.

Now, don't pre-judge. The book goes and explains each love language deeply and even shows the differences between what helps or hurts someone who speaks the specific love language.

MY POINT IS!  ~  If you and someone you care about is having issues and feeling hurt out of your relationship... Check this book out. Read it, figure out what yours and the other person's love language is, and start working on speaking theirs. It can make a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment